About This Post
This post is about main information you need to know about Scratch. Things like How To Make An Account and How To Make a
What Is Scratch
Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab and it is free to use. It is a block-based programming language specifically designed for ages 8 to 16 but people of any age can use it. Millions of people around the world creating Scratch projects in a wide variety of settings, including homes, schools, museums, libraries, and community centres. It is relevant to future coding techniques and is extremely reliable to use. You are able to share your programs with people all around the world, and you are able to view other people’s programs to gain ideas from them. You can share and like other games as well as remixing them.
How To Make An Account – 1st Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
1. In order to create an account in scratch, open your browser and go to Scratch.
2. Once the page is loaded, click on “Join Scratch” as mentioned in the image below.
3. Once you click on “Join Scratch”, it will open “Join Scratch” wizard as mentioned in the image below. This wizard will guide you through the account opening process.
4. In order to join Scratch, you require providing Username and Password. Select the Username which is unique and easy to remember for you as you require to provide it on every login. Enter your Username in “Choose a Scratch Username” text box. Now, enter your password in “Choose a Password” text box. Make sure your password is hard to guess, contains a combination of upper and lower case letter, numbers and special symbols. Never share your password with anyone else someone can misuse it. Enter the same password in “Confirm password” field. If the password in “Choose a password” and “Confirm Password” doesn’t match then Scratch will give you an error. Once you enter your username and password, click the “Next” button.
5. Upon clicking the “Next” button, if there is no error then you will be moved to Step 2 of the wizard. In this step, Scratch is collecting some personal information. As this information is mandatory to enter if you are not comfortable to provide it then just falsify it. Once you enter the required information, press the “Next” button.
6. Upon clicking the “Next” button, if there is no error then you will be moved to Step 3 of the wizard. This step will prompt you to enter your email address if you are 18 years and above else it will prompt you to enter your parent’s / guardian’s email address. Enter the same email address in both the text boxes. If they don’t match then it will show an error. Make sure you or your parent/guardian have access to this email address as Scratch will send an account confirmation email to this address. If you would like to receive updates from Scratch team then check “Receive updates from the Scratch Team” checkbox. Click the “Next” button
7. If everything is successful then you will be able to see the “Welcome” screen.
8. Once you click on “OK Lets Go!” button, you will be logged into Scratch. Now, you can explore different Scratch functionality.
Congratulations!! You have just opened a new account in Scratch. Once you are logged in, you can browse different sections of the Home page.
How To Make A Studio – 2nd Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
- Log into scratch. If you don’t have an account then use the post above.
2. Go to the page where you have all your projects (my stuff).
3. Afterwards, don’t click on +New Project, but you click on the button next to it.
How To Change A Profile Picture – 3rd Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
Firstly, you click on the arrow which is upside down. This is always next to your username. This is shown in the image below.
Four hyperlinks will come up. It is demonstrated in the picture above. You click on Profile and it will take you to another page.
Now, you go to a new tab on Google and search for any picture you want. To copy it, you can right-click and press copy image, or you can press CTRL+C on it. Then you go back to scratch.
Finally, move your cursor on the image. DO NOT CLICK ON IT!!!! To paste it you press Ctrl+V and at the top, it will say, “Thumbnail Changed.”. If it says picture too big, you will have to select another picture and redo the whole process. Now you reload the page and your profile pic will be changed as shown below.
How To Swap Languages In Scratch – 4th Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
Firstly, you go to my stuff and click on the button, +New Project
Then you, click on the globe in the top left corner.
You will now get different languages options. You can change it to any option you like.
How To Favourite A Game – 5th Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
You can favourite someone on scratch by just clicking the star button. Also, note that you can only favourite a game if you’re logged in. You will also be able to see how many people favourited the game. This will also help you realise how popular the game is in Scratch.
Before you favourite a game, it will look like the picture below. You can see the colour of the star is grey. There is a 0 next to the star, which means no one has yet favourited the game.
After you favourite a game, it will look like the picture below. You see that there are 2 differences.
- There is a different colour. Previously the colour is grey, and now it is yellow.
- There is 1 more favourite, so the number increases by 1.
How To Love A Game In Scratch – 6th Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
You can love someone on scratch by just clicking the heart button. Also, note that you can only heart a game if you’re logged in. You will also be able to see how many people loved the game. This will also help you realise how popular the game is on scratch. If you love a game in Scratch, the other person feels good. Some people make accounts just to make unpopular projects popular. You see, some people get too infuriated if they do not get enough follows or loves.
Comment – 7th Part Of Information You Need To Know About Scratch
Although some game makers like to have the comment section off to minimise criticism, most people have it on. This is so they can get feedback on their project. They want you to tell them if you like it or not. They want you to comment. Now, you can comment something good. There are many places you could comment feedack on. You could comment in a studio, game or profile. Remember anyone can see your comment. If you want to give them feedback, you could use the following procedure below.
T: Tell something good
A: Ask a question
G: Give suggestions.
You could also follow the 2 stars and a wish procedure, which allows you to say 2 good things, and a wish to make their next project better than this one.
To find more interesting articles like this, you keep in touch with our website: trushil.net
If you want to send me your opinions and suggestions, please click on the link below, where you can fill out a form which I made to help you. FormToFillOut